- Rewrite the Strategic Plan to include metrics.
- No more deals like the Braves stadium bond without a full airing by both the public and the Board of Commissioners.
- Engender trust by establishing standards for accountability and ethical behavior.
- Emphasize the ideal of responsible taxation. Eliminate the transfer of funds from the water fund to the general fund. Develop graduating scale of business fees that apply to all sizes of businesses.
- Create an Ombudsman’s office to include the duties of publishing annually an Accountability Report evaluating performance of County Departments.
- Use the 2011 Citizens Oversight Committee Report as a basis for comprehensive review of County staffing.
- Establish a forum focused on evaluating the impact of economic growth with members from both the public and private sectors.
- Work closely with the County Board of Education to emphasize civic instruction in high school curricula and registering students to vote.
- Revise budget process to include commissioners earlier in development of planning, programming and budgeting of County budget.
- Extend time frame for open discussion on budget presentation to at least 90 days.
- Institute more flexible rules that allow for agreed-upon changes in the proposed budget provided that the proposed changes pass with 4 votes from the BOC.
- Cap all property assessment increases at no more than the value for of the Consumer Price Index percentage from the previous calendar year.
- Fund the 2008 Park Bond.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the Public Safety Department and develop appropriate programs and budget to address contemporary safety and security issues in Cobb County.
- Implement Earned Value Management principles with the SPLOST Oversight Committee which will track the schedule and expenditure of all projects.
- Increase the number of code enforcement officials in the Community Development Agency.
- Simplify applications under the Georgia Open Records Act.
- Streamline the process of applying for business licenses.